Steam Loss Calculator
Using Napier’s formula we can approximate the amount of steam leaking through a failed trap. The cost of steam includes the cost of the fuel as well as the cost of make-up water, chemicals, boiler operation and maintenance expenses.
* NOTE: estimates of total number of traps leaking in a system are as follows:
- 50% leak if no trap survey and maintenance performed
- 25% leak if trap survey and maintenance performed annually
- 9-12% leak if trap survey and maintenance performed quarterly
- 3% leak if trap survey & maintenance performed monthly